Grains that I have tried and really liked are:
- Spelt Pricey, but delicious in bread, use in cookies but you need a little more flour than if you use wheat flour. (grind)
- Quinoa Considered a perfect food–I put a small amount of quinoa in with rice every time I cook rice.
- Kamut Use in coffee cake, muffins or bread. (grind)
- Oats The less processed the oats are, the better they are for you (for instance, rolled oats are better than quick).
- Buckwheat Use in small amounts because of the strong taste. (grind)
- Wheat Substitute out some white for wheat flour in most everything you cook. Use White Wheat, it is more alkaline (which is what you want), Red Wheat is more acidic. (grind)
- Corn Try ground corn in corn bread with spelt flour. (grind)
- Brown Rice Cook a little longer than white rice.
- Barley Use whole barley for sprouting.
Add grains in SLOWLY if you are not used to them. If you don’t, you may end up with a stomach ache.