SO MANY BENEFITS! IT IS WORTH LOOKING INTO.
I am not sure why it has taken me so long to post about yoga. It’s a love of mine. The incredible sense of wellbeing after I attend a yoga class is almost addictive. Let me mention some of the benefits:
1. Deliberate breathing to match movement enhances the sense of wellbeing.
2. Yoga is strength training. Yes, it strains the muscles. I used to think of yoga as poses that looked like a human pretzel. It is that for some, but there is much more to it.
3. Part of yoga practice includes balance. With patience in yourself and practice, the balance comes. Balance manifests itself in many things in life. My husband marvels at my balance as I maneuver my bike around tricky areas where he has to get off of his bike.
4. I love the stretching portion of yoga. It doesn’t matter how flexible or not you are. Practice shows improvement. In turn, this helps guard against injury.
5. Perhaps my favorite part of yoga is practicing calming my mind…a difficult task in this whirlwind life. Also, you can have a deeper sleep because of the relaxation that accompanies yoga practice. Yes!